Friday, November 6, 2009

Final

So far the portraits I've done haven't been the most interesting. I want to work on that. My idea is basically an in camera diptych. I would take a low key portrait of an artist working on one side of the camera and on the other side (dragging the shutter) give the artist a flashlight or other light, and let them draw me in a pose that they choose. It would basically be a 30 second gesture drawing of me with light.

I plan on using a tripod and turning out the lights and looking through the lens and when they shine the light I can find the boundaries for them. Also I can take a few test shots for them to realize how different movements affect the final mark making. (When you cover it up it changes colors, when you turn it sideways it creates a more narrow line)

Thanks

4 comments:

  1. I would need to see one of the diptychs first, but for now I am wondering with these people need to be artist and or are you better off showing the sitter how to express. Better said, may be for you to be the artist.

    I still have to say that I have enjoyed you still lifes to date and wonder if there is more opportunity in those, but just get into the studio and do the above this weekend and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this could be an interesting idea, but I am also wondering what happened with the trash idea. I think it really could have worked well if you expanded more on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea could be cool, but I agree with everyone else. Your still lifes have been awesome and I think you could do something really cool with finding beauty in discarded trash.

    ReplyDelete