Sunday, November 8, 2009

Final

I have always been interested in American 1950s culture.  I Love the film, photography and style from the time. I have decided to photograph my little sister in the studio as a girl that grew up during the time. I plan on dressing her up and using props that would be seen during the 50s. I will most likely build small sets that I can put together and take down the same day. I may also use other models in some of the photographs to help build a sort of story about a little girl growing up in and some of the things  that children had to do differently during that time. 




4 comments:

  1. Based on the images I have seen you make in the past, I feel like these images will be really successful. Of course the styling and fashion choices you make for this are very important in order for you to get your 1950's style across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color and lighting will be as every bit important as the styling of the images. Ar you going with color of black and white? I also would think about who the images work together beyond styling... the narrative. I would look at a loose narrative, giving you more freedom, as well as the use of repeated props, settings, clothing, etc. This will give your viewer an sense of cohesion. No that there work deals with the 1950s, but look at the work of Anthony Goicolea, Julie Blackmon, and perhaps the Parkeharrisons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also do your research on the time period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove 1950s color schemes, fashion, and home decor. If you could add some desaturated 50s colors like these,
    http://populuxebooks.com/images/examplelibrary/paint3.jpg
    it could look really cool and really give it that retro feel and a little pop.
    To expand a little more, you could add in some things that were going around the world during the time in the background, or hints of things. I think it sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete