Wednesday, November 11, 2009

There's a jug band on your toes?



Okay so here is one of the images I shot last class. I just shot this as an example image. I'm still debating whether I want it to be this high key, or if I want the images to be more dramatic. I didn't have time to shoot a more dramatic shot, but I can see it in my mind, and I'm thinking that with the other miniature set ups, a more dramatic, almost a sort of a side rim light falling on the model, would work better. Right now, I'm leaning more on the dramatic side, but this picture is an example of my original high key idea. My final images will be a little more risque then this, I do plan on having a model to shoot nude for class on Thursday. I do hope to have a some humor in my final images.

5 comments:

  1. It's important to keep in mind the way that you're using the human figure. I found your original idea of using the human form as more of a natural, beautiful setting, a potential landscape to be a little more fresh than your reference photo. To me this feels far too similar to Pierre Javelle's work.

    You should really think of what a landscape means to you and how it relates to the human form. The fact that you have mini people placed on top of more people, takes away from the feeling of gentle beauty that you previously had going on.

    It isn't necessary to place miniature people on the form to show that the body can be considered a potential landscape. Portray the body as a landscape itself, not just a background for humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that what I am planning on doing, but the model I had in class yesturday wasn't willing to take her top off. The chest, stomach, and butt areas are going to be were my main focus will be. This was just a dry run of working out the technicalities, but I can totally see when you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica Osborne - http://www.erikaosborne.com/work/ip/index.html

    Liu Wei - http://www.artnet.com/Artists/ArtistHomepage.aspx?artist_id=715682&page_tab=Past_auction_results

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the miniatures were more of the focus interacting with the "landscape." I think this is more of what you were trying to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea that you have here, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. U always have great photos, we've talked about it before. When I look at this one specifically, it would be interesting to see something working with the curves in the skin of the toes. It doesn't bother me that humans are the background for humans. It would just be interesting to see interesting relationships with the textures since the depth is so shallow.

    ReplyDelete